Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I change the text in these two labels? 

bobcastaneda

Total Posts:  1

Hello, i am setting up a store to sell music CD’s only. I would like to change the text of these two areas:

1) In the layered navigation box from “Category” to “Band”
2) In the detail Product Box (just below more views), I would like to change “Product Description” text in the product description tab (the one that is located along with the “Product Tags” tab) to something else like “Tracking Info”

Unfortunately can’t find where Mr. Magento gets the actual text to be displayed. Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

rob,

you going to have to dig into the templates folders. I think your using the modern theme. Based on the fact you talk about the tabs

so anyway....
depending on what template your using you could try the folloing

1. for the Category.
try the template/catalog/navigation/left.phtml

2. For the tabs.
Look in the catalog.xml file. In the section for Product View. You will see some details calling the tabs.phtml file
Note the descriptions you can change

hth
brendan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community