Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento Do This?? 

dgj

Total Posts:  1

I am absolutely new to Magento and tying to figure out if Magento can do the things my prospective client needs.

1) The client has 7000 part numbers.  The part numbers fall into approximately 10 groups. Each group has about 4 category tiers (or sub-groups deep).  This should be pretty easy for Magento.  But I don’t know if there is a limit to the number of product groups or how many sub-groups and layers Magento supports? 

2) For each product, a query is made to the customers MRP system to determine whether there is “stock” or “no stock”.  This query is made in real time and reported on the product page. I would work the network communications end but the magento would need to report the stock condition in real time. I suspect this is a custom programming issue and would not be too tough for a PHP programmer - right?

3)There are 10 different class of customer, each of which gets a different price.  I see that Magento can classify different users, but can it classify 10 different users - each of which gets a different price and quantity break point?

4) Each product has its own quantity break points for pricing and the break points need to be different depending on the class of customer.  Can Magento do this?  Is there an extension or does this require custom programming?

5)Magento would needs to output order information is a specific format (same format each time but it would be custom). I suspect this is an easy customization task for a php programmer - right?

6) My perspective client wants their e commerce system to interface with their EPR system (Syspro).  I have already checked with e-bridge but they don’t support Syspro.  Anyone else have experience in this area?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

1) The client has 7000 part numbers.  The part numbers fall into approximately 10 groups. Each group has about 4 category tiers (or sub-groups deep).  This should be pretty easy for Magento.  But I don’t know if there is a limit to the number of product groups or how many sub-groups and layers Magento supports? 

Unlimited

2) For each product, a query is made to the customers MRP system to determine whether there is “stock” or “no stock”.  This query is made in real time and reported on the product page. I would work the network communications end but the magento would need to report the stock condition in real time. I suspect this is a custom programming issue and would not be too tough for a PHP programmer - right?

No Problem, you could use SOAP to do this

3)There are 10 different class of customer, each of which gets a different price.  I see that Magento can classify different users, but can it classify 10 different users - each of which gets a different price and quantity break point?

-YES

4) Each product has its own quantity break points for pricing and the break points need to be different depending on the class of customer.  Can Magento do this?  Is there an extension or does this require custom programming?

- INCLUDED

5)Magento would needs to output order information is a specific format (same format each time but it would be custom). I suspect this is an easy customization task for a php programmer - right?

- NO PROBLEM, YOU COULD EVEN PRINT ORDERS TO MS ACCESS

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community