Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Remove a breadcrumb or add one just for home page? 

gpcola

Total Posts:  97

I have added breadcrumbs to all of my account related and checkout related pages using the ‘addcrumb’ action in xml:

<reference name="breadcrumbs">
      <
action method="addCrumb">
        <
crumbName>Home</crumbName>
        <
crumbInfo>
          <
label>Home</label>
          <
title>Home</title>
          <
link>/home</link>
        </
crumbInfo>
      </
action>
      <
action method="addCrumb">
        <
crumbName>My Account</crumbName>
        <
crumbInfo>
          <
label>My Account</label>
          <
title>My Account</title>
        </
crumbInfo>
      </
action>
    </
reference>

and turned on breadcrumbs for CMS pages in the admin panel.  Now all pages, except for my home page, have breadcrumbs showing.  I need to have a crumb trail for the home page too, since my layout requires that block to be there on all pages.

I tried adding a crumb to the cms.xml file for cms_index_defaultindex but that has no effect.  I tried adding one to cms_page but that results in the home crumb being duplicated. 

How can I successfully add a crumb for the home page?

Thanks wink

~gpcola

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gruik

Total Posts:  60
France

Hi,

Why not trying to put your layout code in the “layout update xml” field in CMS page edit?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gpcola

Total Posts:  97

I should have thought of that, but I’ve been editing in dreamweaver for a few days and forgot all about the admin panel’s abilities to update xml… doh!

Thanks Gruik!

~gpcola

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community