Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
bug in Account (logged in) - billing /shipping addresses

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

rondata, sorry for the late reply.Tested in 1.4.0.1 and 1.4.1.1.
monocat, thank you for forwarding this. I have included a note in the customer addressbook page that explains how to add a new address that doesn’t replace both, so the issue is not that urgent imho - would be nice to see it fixed some time though. Thanks guys!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

moens

Total Posts:  13

Yeah… the problem is the stupid ui… wow, its really bad… but its an easy template fix:

app/design/frontend/YOUR-THEME-PACKAGE/default/template/customer/address/book.html

..find this part of the code that looks for a default shipping address near line 58 (code is from 1.4.1.1):

<?php if($_pAddsses Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomer()->getDefaultShipping()): ?>

<li class="item">
                <
h3 class="clearfix"><?php echo $this->__('Default Shipping Address'?><a href="<?php echo $this->getAddressEditUrl(Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomer()->getAddressById($_pAddsses)) ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Change Shipping Address'?></a></h3>
                <
address>

<?php echo $this->getAddressHtml(Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomer()->getAddressById($_pAddsses)) ?>

</address>

</
li>

...and replace it with this bit that checks first to see whether the default shipping and the default billing are the same address object in the model. If so, it says as much and offers a link to create a new address (update your language files on multi-lang sites!)…

<?php if($_pAddsses Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomer()->getDefaultShipping()): ?>

<li class="item">

<?php if($_pAddsses == Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomer()->getDefaultBilling()): ?>

<h3 class="clearfix"><?php echo $this->__('Default Shipping Address will use the Billing Address'?></h3>
                        <
p><a href="<?php echo $this->getAddAddressUrl(); ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Add a new address to my address book'?></a></p>

<?php else: ?>

<h3 class="clearfix"><?php echo $this->__('Default Shipping Address'?><a href="<?php echo $this->getAddressEditUrl(Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomer()->getAddressById($_pAddsses)) ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Change Shipping Address'?></a></h3>
                <
address>

<?php echo $this->getAddressHtml(Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomer()->getAddressById($_pAddsses)) ?>

</address>

<?php endif ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

lurebeauty

Total Posts:  229

Thanks ... unfortunately, Im unsure if this last fix also works on 1.4.2, i tried it and it gives the link to change, but it still changes both everytime.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BLACKBULL_316

Total Posts:  35
India

Magento team hast to do something urgent in this issue for it makes the developers and end users confusing.

THNX MOENS
great hook.

Please also add this in
app\design\frontend\base(or your theme)\default\template\customer\account\dashboard\address.phtml

Find this code near line 41

<div class="col-2">
                <
h4><?php echo $this->__('Default Shipping Address'?></h4>
                <
address>

<?php echo $this->getPrimaryShippingAddressHtml() ?><br />
                    <
a href="<?php echo $this->getPrimaryShippingAddressEditUrl() ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Edit Address'?></a>
                </
address>
            </
div>

and replace with

<div class="col-2">            
                <?php 
if($_pAddsses == Mage::getSingleton('customer/session')->getCustomer()->getDefaultBilling()): ?>

<h4><?php echo $this->__('Default Shipping Address will use the Billing Address'?></h4><br clear="all"/>
                     <
a href="<?php echo $this->getAddAddressUrl(); ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Add a new address to my address book'?></a>

<?php else: ?>

<h4 class="clearfix"><?php echo $this->__('Default Shipping Address'?></h4><a href="<?php echo $this->getPrimaryShippingAddressEditUrl() ?>"><?php echo $this->__('Edit'?></a><br clear="all"/>
                <
address>

<?php echo $this->getPrimaryShippingAddressHtml() ?> 

</address>                 

<?php endif ?> 
        <?php 
else: ?>            

<h4><?php echo $this->__('Default Shipping Address'?></h4><br clear="all" />

<?php echo $this->__('You have no default shipping address in your address book.'?>           
        <?php 
endif ?>
</div>

The above code is style customised. so plz change the css according to your needs

Magento Community
Magento Community

martin3

Total Posts:  35

More than 3 years are past since someone pointed out this issue and nothing has changed! That’s annoying!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gimbo

Total Posts:  49

How come no one has solved this issue, i guess there are alot of us suffering from this, i’m thinking of changing platform cuz of this. My returning customers cant even order anything! Their shipping address disapears when choosing payment option

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

martin3 - 14 November 2011 12:07 AM

More than 3 years are past since someone pointed out this issue and nothing has changed! That’s annoying!

That’s a little more than annoying for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yrcrz

Total Posts:  4

Yep, it would be really, really nice if this was resolved…

Magento Community
Magento Community

neverminder

Total Posts:  16

Still not resolved in the latest Magento version 1.6.2

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darkthal

Total Posts:  14

Same problem here. My customers are making complaints. I have Magento v1.6.2.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

weybridge

Total Posts:  5

not sure why no one is fixing this !!

Magento Community
Magento Community

loeffel
Guru

Total Posts:  427

Yes, it’s a shame this doesn’t get fixed.

However, with moens’s and BLACKBULL_316’s code, I was able to fix this for v1.5.1.0

Find my two modified files attached to this post

File Attachments
address.phtml_book.phtml.zip  (File Size: 9KB - Downloads: 253)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeeveser

Total Posts:  37

Thank You loeffel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flatairbag

Total Posts:  8

Frustrating issue.

I ended up editing book.phtml file to include a paragraph that educates the customer, this has really helped with customer service issues.

\"Please Note: If you want to differentiate your Shipping & Billing addresses, our system requires more than one address within your address book ... etc...\”

Magento Community
Magento Community

mconstanzo

Total Posts:  12

Dude!

v 1.7.0.2 and still nothing..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community