Magento Forum

downloadable product question

JoshNelson

Total Posts:  3

Hello - I’m a new magento user, previously used oscommerce.

I’m selling a digital item (basically a user and password) and am trying to figure out how to do this in magento.  So far I’ve been able to create a product and successfully download the file i setup for the download test.  My problem is, that’s a static file.  This product only has the option to download the file I specify.  The problem with that is each sale would be a different user/pass being downloaded.  I’m not against creating an individual file for each user/pass i’d like to sell, but I can’t figure out how to get the product to “rotate” so to speak.  So it seems my only option would be to create many many copies of the original product, each with a new user/pass combo or to populate the file with a new user/pass after each sale.  Neither one of these seems that efficient or acceptable to me.

Previously in my oscommerce setup I was using a service called e-junkie that took care of the digital delivery.  using e-junkie I created a list of user/pass, upload that to my account and then using variables like u;stomer Name% &#xUs;er/Pass%, etc.....to populate a canned email each time plugging in the customers name and a new user/pass combo.

Is something like this possible in magento?  as powerful as this cart seems to be i can’t help but think it is.....but for the life of me can’t seem to figure out how to make it happen.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community