Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

multistore/multidomain, cart session problem

killua53

Total Posts:  26

Hello everybody.

I set up a multistore website, with two differente URL, ex: shirts.com & shoes.com
I have a store switcher in my header and customers can switch from one store to another without any problem. The URL changes as well as the URL base are different.

I have two issues:

1. My customer is logged on shirts.com and switch to shoes.com and have to log again.
2. my customer is not logged and doesn’t have an account, he add a product from shirts.com and go to shoes.com add another product but his cart doesn’t possess the previous product.

This issues came when I changed the domains. when the stores were under the same domain (shirts.com) I didn’t have this issues.
The only way my cutomer can order from the two stores is to be logged in both of them.

Can I fix this, or do I have to set the same URL base for all stores?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

killua53

Total Posts:  26

Hi,

I fixed the problem using the step 3 over here: http://webdevster.com/ecommerce/magento/magento-multiple-store-setup-instructions

in my case using shoes.com:444/ for the secure URL base

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community