Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting disconnected from MYSQL

gammalost

Total Posts:  1

I am accessing the magento MYSQL database from an external program (NOT php related).

Problem is, the mysql database seems to disconnect me, and it does not seem to matter if I have active traffic to the database or not.
I think have narrowed this down to the mysql setting wait_timeout which magento seems to have set to 300 seconds.

I can not find any documentation if it is OK to increase this setting, or if there are other settings that will allow me to stay connected to the database without interfering with magento operation.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Total Posts:  276

What program are you using?

You can always try increasing these values to test and see if it gives you the result you want there is no harm in doing so unless it is on a dev server.

SR

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community