Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Having problems with magento soap v1 ‘cataloginventory_stock_item.update’

eyeswideopen

Total Posts:  3

Hey
i ran in to some problems with the magento soap v1 API. I make calls from JavaScript which do work eg. “login”, “cataloginventory_stock_item.list etc” via “call” etc.

Now i was trying to update the stock value of one of my products with “cataloginventory_stock_item.update” but only receive strange errors. Either it says product doesn’t exists and i’m sure it does as i use the same product id for cataloginventory_stock_item.list and it works, or i see “ faultcode 1. internal error, see logs” which isn’t helpful if you can’t find the bespoken log.

Now my questions:
1. where are these logs? can’t find anything api related neither in var/reports nor /php_errorlog
2. am I messing something up with my arguments? I must admit it’s quite confusing for me to build JSON arguments matching the php example ones in the in my opinion poorly documented API:

$.soap({
            url
serverAdress,

method'call',

data{
                sessionId
sessionID,

resourcePath'product_stock.update',

args{
                    productId
product.id.toString(),              //given integer to string

data:{