Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation of two Themes on Magento

MwDesign

Total Posts:  8

Hello everyone,
I’m trying Magento and I’m stuck in the installation of two issues simultaneously. Basically I have to create an ecommerce that has some products on a theme and others on another theme.
I installed the first theme by Configuration -> Design, but now I do not know how to install the second: (

Besides this, we would set 3 languages for each theme.

Someone can explain the procedure?

Thanks!

Alessandro

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gruik

Total Posts:  60
France

Hi,

Just select the right scope in the top left dropdown list. This will let you set a specific theme on a specific store or website.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MwDesign

Total Posts:  8

Hi Grulk,
thanks for your reply.
I went a bit ‘towards solving the problem, but I did not understand these things:
1. I created a new website with a new store and the 3 languages now so I find I have: 2 website, 2 stores and store 6 view (2 for each of 3 languages). I’ve set as I’ve indicated in Configuration -> Design the theme and the specific language + theme in each store.
Question: What is the path to the home page of the second store? Currently, if I enter mydomain.com / shop I have to base! How do I know what the other url home the other store?

2. The second theme I installed in the app / design / frontend / default has another default folder that contains files that should be a css override those already set in the previous issue. How do I prevent the default folder from being overwritten?

Thanks for your time, I am grateful!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community