Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Setup credit card payment

CG

Total Posts:  7

I have just recently created a ecommerce store in magento. However, I have problems in setting up the payment integration for credit cards. What do I need to do to make it work? I did a test by purchasing an item using my own credit card but I don’t think the default integration is working or I may have missed some important steps. Just curious, how would the credit card company is aware to pay to my account in PayPal?

I really need help here. Any kind soul to offer assistance? Many thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

l0st

Total Posts:  55

Well, who are you using as your payment gateway? I assume you’re using Paypals PayFlow to accept credit card payments? Or have you looked into this?
http://www.merchantexpress.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

CG

Many thanks for the reply. I am a novice in this ecommerce. This is what I want the system to perform in the payment process :
- buyer purchase item by credit card
- buyer key in his/her credit card details
- if buyer select VISA, then I would like VISA to pay to PayPal crediting my account with PayPal

In light of the above, how do I setup the payments integration without any programming in magento?

Appreciate your assistance. Help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

CG

CG - 03 May 2008 08:31 PM

Many thanks for the reply. I am a novice in this ecommerce. This is what I want the system to perform in the payment process :
- buyer purchase item by credit card
- buyer key in his/her credit card details
- if buyer select VISA, then I would like VISA to pay to PayPal crediting my account with PayPal

In light of the above, how do I setup the payments integration without any programming in magento?

Appreciate your assistance. Help!

Do I just activate the PayPal Direct in configuration option in Admin and that would do the trick? If yes, do I also need to open a PayFlow Pro or PayFlow Link in PayPal . Appreciate help here… many thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Hello,

myself, I found this Screencast very helpful regarding payment and PalPal:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts/working-with-paypal/view

If you log into you Magento Admin, you will first want to go to PayPal and setup the Website Payments Pro (with API User Name, API Password and API Signature - you will get all the setup information from the PayPal site).

Then you should navigate to the Payments Methods, and select the different Payment Methods you want to offer your customer. If you don’t want to have the customer to log into the PayPal site in order to do the payment (Paypal Express), but wants the buyer to input his/her credit card details from your web site, you should select PayPal Direct.

With this set up, you will not need to use another Payment Gateway (such as PayflowPro).

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

l0st

Total Posts:  55

Hey,

Wow norbolig. I found that video very helpful. Thank you very much. Sorry if I was misleading CG.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CG

Thanks all for the prompt reply. I tried the Website Payments Pro (with API User Name, API Password and API Signature) route and obtain the information from PayPal. I then completed the parameters in Magento Admin. Everything seems fine but when checkout perform for payment after credit card details are completed, error msg on the screen :

“Security error : Security header is not valid.”

Do you know the reason for such error? Is it because Website Payments Pro can only work in US and UK?

Help me pls… desperate

Magento Community
Magento Community

AllHighRisk

Total Posts:  1

hey check out the high risk credit card processing modules at allhighrisk.com ... they have a lot of magento stuff there, free too…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community