Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reports, shopping cart price rules not working at all. 

bronzebogen

Total Posts:  2

Hello!

We’ve been running Magento on an online clothing store now for about two months, what an amazing improvement over osCommerce!

We’re using configurable products in that we have a shirt as the configurable product and the different sizes as the simple products.

The problems I’m having are listed below:

REPORTS:
They just simply aren’t working. We’ve had a number of sales, yet none of them show up in the reports tab.

In fact, there are NO records under any of the reports tabs, even though we have many customers and a number of sales completed already.

PRICE RULES:
We’re trying to set rules up so that when a certain amount is reached, a free shipping rule is triggered. When following the directions here, nothing seems to happen. The shipping stays the same. I’ve checked and rechecked to make sure I did it right, but still nothing works.

I have a hunch that both problems have to do with using Configurable products, but don’t know how to fix it.

Is this a known bug in Magento, or am I just plain blind to the solution? rasberry

Image Attachments
bmb reports.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bronzebogen

Total Posts:  2

I’m rather embarrassed to admit to the Reports issue being solved. After searching endlessly and trying all sorts of complicated fixes to the problem, it turns out that you have to enter a date range in the top left corner and click “refresh” to get the reports to work.

Why it’s not set to just show it when you click on Reports from the main menu bar I don’t know, but that’s how it works…

So now it’s just down to the Shopping Cart Price Rules not working.

If anyone has any hints on how to get free shipping rule to trigger at a certain price, I’d be more than grateful!

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ckosny
Guru

Total Posts:  349
Luxembourg

According to this thread http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9859/ there seem to be some issues with the free shipping via price rules. Maybe the information in this thread helps you.

Good luck

Claudia

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community