Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Changing databases….easy? 

clixwear

Total Posts:  13

I am working on a SHH magento install on maydomain.com/magento...and I will be developing here, then I want to do a fresh install to the root directory (mydomain.com) BUT want to transfer the prodcuts/database from the other install…
I tried testign this by changing the local.xml info to the old db, but not working, I treid to delete the var/cache files but that made may admin not work properly would not leave the dashboard) ...regardign that, I am confused; do I delete only the files and leave the folders empty in var/cache...or do I delete the fodlers as well?
Anyone have any idea?  I would think that this shoudl be a simple process??
I rather not do this via SHH, but if anyoen can poitn to a quick, easy way let me know.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jakub@WebCatch

Total Posts:  215
Nottingham, UK

I usually delete the whole cache directory. It is then instantly recreated, and you need to remember to do chmod 777 on it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community