Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento emails coming in as spam

mozilla2004

Total Posts:  7

How come my magento emails are coming in as spam?  I installed three different installations of magento, each on a different server with a different domain name and a different IP address.  For each installation, I registered three email accounts: a gmail, yahoo, and a hotmail.

In all three installations, gmail received the magento emails fine.  But yahoo and hotmail received magento emails as spam.

Why is this so?  How do I fix this problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

I find a similar problem. Lots of customers do not receive the emails because of this.
I suspect a big part of the problem is that the standard html transactional email does not have a plain text version included.
I believe that triggers many spam filters.

However, I’m happy to be proven wrong, but would love to see the issue fixed.

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

In my experience, this is usually due to either an unverified / untrusted host or lack of some form of information when the email is sent out. I haven’t had this issue with my magento installs. I’m currently using crucial for my client’s site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Agreed. Although I still had the problem when my site was hosted at Crucial.

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community