Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

trouble with Chinese translations in .csv files

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

This is more likely an editor question than a Magento question but I think this group is the most likely to be able to help me so I’ll ask anyway.

I need to translate a Magento website into Chinese. I’ve downloaded the simplified Chinese language pack which works great (thank you!). Our website has several custom phrases that we usually translate using the locale files in the theme (app/design/frontend/theme_name/default/locale/zh_CN/translate.csv)

When I paste in the translations provided by our Chinese partners into an Excel spreadsheet and save it as an xls file, they are fine.  When I convert that file to a .csv file as needed by Magento the Chinese isn’t saved properly and is wiped out.  Can anyone help me understand how to save this Excel file as a csv file in a way that preserves the Chinese?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

uYu

Total Posts:  11

try the UTF-8 or just download the OpenOffice, it is a lot better to do the simlpe task then the M$ Office, esp 2007

Magento Community
Magento Community

jun266

Total Posts:  104

把csv文件用笔记本打开, 另存为...然后选utf-8编码
这样上传导入才不会出错.

由于csv文件很麻烦, 一般我都是先把文件保存为excel的格式, 需要导入的时候再另存为csv格式上传, 因为csv只是单纯的文本文件, 有些功能没有excel的容易设置, 例如说价格修改, excel可以保存方程式运算结果, 修改起来方便.

以上仅供参考

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community