Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Oracle Question

xxjonkushxx

Total Posts:  3

I am very interested in knowing the resource effects of this MVC Architecture at an extremely high-level scenario. ( At the level of SOX Compliancy, for referencing purposes ). Do you have any partners who use oracle? How are you solving the Zend Multiple Schema Issue. Also, and what exactly is taken into consideration with your logic behind explain plans, indexes, binds ( using WITH clauses and IN lists versus else… ) etc.

I hope not to come off in a bad manner, but I just want to get down to the very core.  I think the application is awesome, but I need a real proof of concept, or maybe an emulation of some sort?

Backend processes are forked, so not to worry about htat smile I really just need to see this architecture in action at a true, oracle level , and can’t seem t o really find much..

Thanks much!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

xxjonkushxx

Total Posts:  3

Is there any consideration in migrating to Doctrine ? Zend’s Db layer, although nice, is a bit primitive versus Doctrine. I think magento would benefit greatly from this test.

For example, using their Collections as a base from Varien_Data_Collection_Db . The handling, loading, and care taken with their Db implementations are alot nicer, although I haven’t had the opportunity to really explore yet.

http://www.phpdoctrine.org/documentation/manual/trunk/?one-page

Magento Community
Magento Community

ceefour

Total Posts:  52
Bandung, Indonesia

xxjonkushxx - 14 May 2008 11:53 PM

Is there any consideration in migrating to Doctrine ? Zend’s Db layer, although nice, is a bit primitive versus Doctrine. I think magento would benefit greatly from this test.

For example, using their Collections as a base from Varien_Data_Collection_Db . The handling, loading, and care taken with their Db implementations are alot nicer, although I haven’t had the opportunity to really explore yet.

http://www.phpdoctrine.org/documentation/manual/trunk/?one-page

I agree with you. Even though your post is old, but this still applies: Doctrine ORM 1.2 is superior compared to Zend’s Db in Magento 1.4.1.

As long as Magento guys are happy with Zend Db, I guess it doesn’t matter. But with my own extensions I’ll be sure to just use Doctrine.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community