Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change custom topic links accordingly to chosen language

piccaya

Total Posts:  15
Brussels

Is it possible to have additional custom links in the top menu (top.phtml) and have them changed accordingly to the language picked up?

so if I have three languages, I will have to create 3 different cms blocks with different captions and page links

what is the code to paste into top.phtml to first determine the type of language chosen and to pick up with the right cms block?

<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('menu_en')->toHtml(); ?>
<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('menu_fr')->toHtml(); ?>
<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('menu_nl')->toHtml(); ?>

another exemple of annoying problem, the Homepage link on the homepage is not changing when selecting another language although the link has changed. Is there any way to have “Home” only for English and “Acceuil” for French?

Guys I am scratching my head for hours now digging the forum and I still can’t find any working solution. Any help is welcome.

Michel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community