Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add navigation bar, catalog, and price range ? 

KGEst

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
I’m new in Magento , and I want to ask , how could I add the navigation bar , the catalog bar, and price range ?

Should I know something in HTML or CSS ?!
Because I don’t have any idea about them smile

Thanks .

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Aggror

Total Posts:  32

Getting started with magento can be realy hard. but you don’t perse need to know css or html.

- Getting your categories to see in the frontpage is a matter of creating the categories and enabling them.
- When you want ‘Shopping options’ (price filter, color filter). You need to use attributes for your products. After you have made products with attributes and your category has anchor enabled, you should see the shopping options appear.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KGEst

Total Posts:  2

Thank you Aggror

I found this topic on the web :
http://www.codestash.com/2008/07/make-category-nav-menu-magento-homepag/

This method works with me very good, and I added the top navigation bar, but I don’t know how to add catalog and price range .
Can you help me ?

I think osCommerce is too easy than Magento ...

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community