Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple store mess up

tperry

Total Posts:  33

Was playing around with the multiple store function as i have never used it but have completely screwed the website. Cant get on the admin panel or frontend. Is there a way to up load the default store folder to the ftp or something ? I cant start again as i have a lot of products that i have already put on Any help would be very appreciated.

This is the error im getting

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tperry

Total Posts:  33

Please can someone help. Hasn’t even had a view this post which seems to suggest that these forums are more than useless.

Magento Community
Magento Community

My2cents

Total Posts:  30

this is a common problem… I run across it all the time..  usually it means there is a typo or corrupted file,

check your store setups… in manage stores, if you dont see anything that needs fixing… ccheck.. the home pages and static blocks..
this is where I have the most problems setting up my new sites…

if no luck then re- ftp your templates.. one at a time until you clear up the problem.. 

megento is very unforgiving… one (. ) in the wrong place will crash magento…

I just spent the past two weeks rebuilding my sites.. all because of a typo.

ONe last thing..... always backup your database… before doing any upgrades…

MY sites went tits up… and I didnt have a current database… I lost 8 months of work… and
lots of sales.... fortunately .. it wont take me 8 months to rebuild… as I am more familiar with
magento then I was a year ago when I started… my migration to magento…

JOe

Magento Community
Magento Community

My2cents

Total Posts:  30

one more thing… dont forget to make sure you have set the unsecure and secure base urls… correctly

the best tutorial I have found… for nubees is the one… by Crucial.. 

http://www.crucialwebhost.com/blog/how-to-setup-multiple-magento-stores/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community