Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Limited Scope Admin

wdecamp

Total Posts:  46

I am investigating new ecommerce platforms and Magento looks very interesting especially for me with its multi-store approach.  I looked at the multi-store video and the permissions video but didn’t see a feature that I think is needed.  I would like to be able to limit Admin rights not only by function but also by store scope (ie: website, store, view).  Is this possible?

Never mind.  I just saw in the feature list that this capability is in the enterprise edition.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

wdecamp - 30 January 2010 03:40 PM

I am investigating new ecommerce platforms and Magento looks very interesting especially for me with its multi-store approach.  I looked at the multi-store video and the permissions video but didn’t see a feature that I think is needed.  I would like to be able to limit Admin rights not only by function but also by store scope (ie: website, store, view).  Is this possible?

Never mind.  I just saw in the feature list that this capability is in the enterprise edition.

Hi,

this functionality is also possible for Community Edition with Advanced Permissions extension.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community