Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installer: Can’t Configure Database

kris

Total Posts:  11
NZ

I managed to get the installer started, unfortunately now I can’t get past the database screen. I have tried the following:

Using a mysql 5 database:
localhost -> Access denied
localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock -> Unknown MySQL server host ‘localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock’
remote connection -> Access denied
remote connection, with port (http://www.mysqlserver.com:0123) -> Unknown MySQL server host

Using a mysql 4 database:
localhost -> Mysqli prepare error: Unknown command
localhost:/tmp/mysql.sock -> Unknown MySQL server host
remote connection -> Mysqli prepare error: Unknown command

I’ve triple checked the user and password, so that shouldn’t be the issue.

My host tried their best in helping out and this is what their conclusion is:

For connections to our MySQL5 server you have to use localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock instead of localhost and the port number is 3307 instead of 3306. We tried to configure your shopping cart application to use the MySQL5 socket (and port 3307), but it appears that it is not designed with the possibility to change the socket in mind.

Where would I need to start looking in the application to add socket functionality? Any other ideas how to tackle this problem?

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

I’m having a similar issue.  I have MySQL 5.0.45 installed on port 3307 because I also have MySQL 4 running on the same server using port 3306.  Eventually MySQL 4 will go away, but for now I can’t touch it.  I have a copy of osCommerce running on MySQL5 and it works fine.  All I have to do is specify ‘127.0.0.1:3307’ as the database server and it works great.  If I try doing the same with Magento, I get this error: “Unknown MySQL server host ‘127.0.0.1:3307’ (11004)”.  I also tried specifying it as localhost:3307 and I get the same error.  If I just use localhost or 127.0.0.1 then it tries to connect to MySQL 4 instead.

I’m also running PHP 5.2.4 and Apache 2.2.4 on Windows Server 2003 and I have full access to make any changes or install whatever I need.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

Also found this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/136/

Doesn’t seem like a solution was found to connect to non-standard ports.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Please try solution specified in above mentioned post.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community