Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do you display products on the home page in a grid format 2 X 2 or 3 X 3

Autofittings

Total Posts:  18

I am having difficulties trying to find out how to do this, can someone please help;

Have a look here;

http://www.autofittings.co.uk

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

Did you apply the css styles for the homepage items? Try limiting the width for the css class .home-page-item. Since your image is 140px, I might try something like:
.home-page-item{width:150px; padding:7px;}

See if that makes any difference.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Autofittings

Total Posts:  18

Did you apply the css styles for the homepage items?
No, where do I find these and what do I add?
Thanks dan_w

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

Ok, open up the file boxes.css in whatever skin you are using. I’m guessing it you might just be altering the default? If so, you can find boxes.css in skin->frontend->default->default->css. Add the following line to the file:
.home-page-item{width:150px; padding:7px;}

Make sure that it has that period before the word home. Save the file, refresh cache if enabled and reload the page and see if that makes a difference.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community