Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to use the Prototype-Window Library? 

danpowered

Total Posts:  9

Hi!

Ive seen in the js/prototype directory that the prototype-windows library has been included for use in our modules.

Now, ive been able to create a popup by adding the library to my module layout xml by this line :

<action method="addJs"><script>prototype/window.js</script></action>

which works fine except for one thing :  there are no styles applied to it, so it pretty much looks ugly. :D

Ive seen the folder windows/themes in the js/prototype directory, which contains the themes, but using the following line didnt get me any success since the parser seems to look in the skin directory for styles :

<action method="addCss"><style>windows/themes/alphacube.css</style></action>

I’d like to know how to use the thems from this folder.. Do i need to copy the needed theme in the skin/default/default/css directory then use the above line to import it or is there another way?  Also, ive seen other files such as window_ext.js, window_effects.js beside window.js, are these also needed to use the library?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PHOENIX
Guru

Total Posts:  549
Stuttgart, Germany

Use

<action method="addItem"><type>js_css</type><name>prototype/windows/themes/alphacube.css</name></action>

instead.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community