Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
[SOLVED] dramatic performance issues with product->save()

Rabee3

Total Posts:  9
Amman

I am had the same problem , and i tried the solution of turning off the cache , which did work for every 40 - 50 products , then started to get slower again.

So my added tweak on the solution , is to make a shell script to execute the PHP script for a number of time you need for every 50 products for example , this way you can save products faster than running the PHP Script for all the products.

Tested on 15000 products.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rabee3

Total Posts:  9
Amman

I had the same problem , and i tried the solution of turning off the cache , which did work for every 40 - 50 products , then started to get slower again.

So my added tweak on the solution , is to make a shell script to execute the PHP script for a number of time you need for every 50 products for example , this way you can save products faster than running the PHP Script for all the products.

Tested on 15000 products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lmsweb

Total Posts:  26

Can you explain this a little further?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

When a large number of goods or attributes need to be saved, backend works very slow, as each time you save data the system re-indexes the goods through the entire catalog.

Asynchronous Reindexing is a solution of solve this problem. When a product or category is saved it is not immediately re-indexed, but put into a queue. The queue is re-indexed in the background. This greatly speeds up the backend. This mechanism is implemented by using an extension of http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html.

Magento Community
Magento Community

d rock

Total Posts:  10

I found the secret sauce when performing bulk product operations (anything with tons of product->load() calls in a loop) was to call

$product->clearInstance()

This helps to avoid growing memory problems when the PHP garbage collector hasn\\\’t been run yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2