Hi, I’m getting pretty angry over here. Can’t figure out a way to change the default image placeholder for my products.
These are the things i’ve done:
1. Downloaded the different images (image.jpg, small_image.jpg and thumbnail.jpg) and changed the size on image.jpg and replaced the magento symbol with my own.
2. Uploaded it to mytheme/images/catalog/product/placeholder then cleared all different caches, nothing happened.
1. Went to System -> Config and uploaded the same different placeholders I just resized directly in there, same thing cleared caches, nothing happened.
1. Deleted the cache folder in /media/catalog/product/cache but it just came back and it didn’t work.
2. Tried to replace the images in default/default/images/catalog/product/placeholder, cleared all caches, no change.
3. Deleted Cache in the var folder, nothing changed.
4. I even tried to replace my 200x200 image.jpg with the standard 265x265 one in media/catalog/product/placeholder/default but it didn’t WORK?!
Ok, here’s the thing. As you probably know, the standard placeholder image.jpg is 265x265 with the Magento symbol on it. I succeeded to get rid of the symbol with my own, but the size still remains! I don’t know what’s going on here.
When I update the page and check the placeholder with Firebug it says that it uses this one:
Which I tried deleting and replace with no success. It just comes back as soon as I refresh the page.
Can anyone help me, please?