Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with Editing Products

gpmenos

Total Posts:  10

Hello.  I have installed a test system and created a couple of new products.

(My overall reaction to this software is very very positive.  I have implemented and maintained sites with zencart, xcart, and miva.)

I’ve run into the following problem:  I have edited the name of one product via the admin interface; this change is reflected when I view the product database from the admin interface; but I am not seeing any change from the public store interface.  The original name of the product persists!?

Has anyone seen such a problem?

Also, I have been browsing the database via phpmyadmin --the location of the basic product information is not obvious.  And I cannot find a database dictionary.  If this documentation is available, it would be very nice to review.)

With best regards!

And congrats to the Magento team for a great job.  PLEASE keep up the good work.

Philippe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Philippe - in the top left there is a select menu - make sure that the ‘English Store’ is selected then try to change the name and see if that works. Since product name is a local variable changes are only affect the store that is being edited.

The documentation is on the way smile

thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

gpmenos

Total Posts:  10

That was the problem!  (Me, not the software.)

Thanks very much for your post and for great software.

Best regards,
Philippe

Magento Community
Magento Community

synviaweb

Total Posts:  2

thankyou for usefull information!!!

SYNIVA INVESTMENT CO.
720-897-7619
www.synviaweb.com