Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Special Price Generated by Catalog Price Rules

ladle

Total Posts:  173

Does anyone here know how to pull the special price in export that has been generated by catalog price rules?

Catalog Price rules do not fill out the special price field on the product level in admin, so therefore do not come through in an export.

I am trying to use these special prices in my data feeds for comparison engines, and want to continue adjusting prices through catalog price rules for efficiency.

Currently the special price only comes through when manually changing the special price at the item level in admin.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

bump please

Magento Community
Magento Community

neilbradley

Total Posts:  43

This is also something that I am desperately trying to figure out as getting this data is vital for our data feeds and continued growth as an online retailer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

I’m starting to think it’s not possible, since these rules are dynamic and can change per customer level, date range, etc.  I hope I’m wrong of course.  Someone prove me (us) wrong here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neilbradley

The only other way around I can see at the moment is exporting my data as a CSV and then doing some functions in there to set the special price, based on the conditions I have for our current price rule/sale. Not the most elegant/ideal solution. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

You talking about getting your prices and mirror manipulating the rules in Excel before submitting?

I’m using an inventory program that I can mass update the special prices from my POS, but it doesn’t set the special prices on configurable products, so I have to manually go in and set those.

Catalog Price rules would definetely be more efficient.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neilbradley

What POS do you use?

I need to do a datafeed for webgains that requires the discount/special price. Unfortunately i don’t actually store these in the special price field for each product. I just use the catalog price rule to put the site into a 60% off sale. However, I can’t get at the special prices set by the catalog price rule. It seems impossible. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

I use Quickbooks Point of Sale with THUB order manager inventory sync ( a 3rd party program) THUB is actually what will post the prices, and you can use it with regular quickbooks too.  It’s kind of a buggy program so can be super tedious sometimes in and of itself, but it does the trick.  ECC is another program from Webgility that can achieve this kind of functionality, and I hear it’s more stable in some regards.

I was trying to the same thing with leaving the special price field blank and using the catalog price rules only initially, but after realizing my special prices weren’t feeding to my data feeds using this method, I broke down and started using the THUB functionality to update the prices.

I’ve contacted my hosting provider to see if the catalog price rules ‘special prices’ are stored somewhere usable, but they are still “investigating” it.

I’m using GoDataFeed and they can pull in any field from Magento provided I can supply it, so that is why I started this post to see if someone knew where catalog price rules stores those ‘special prices’ - since they don’t really store in the admin’s special price field.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community