Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Payment method and shipping rates

chac416

Total Posts:  23

I have been browsing around the Magento for a while. I haven’t installed it yet, but it looks impressing.

I did not notice payment method setup in the demo admin, or even shipping rate setup.
How do I setup those two major features?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Well that would depend completely on which payment method you want to use and which shipping method you want to use.  The answer you need could be one of several depending on which methods you’re wanting to use.  Ultimately, you adjust them all from the admin panel under System > Configuration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chac416

Total Posts:  23

Okay, so I installed it.
I can figure out the payment systems easily.
Now it comes to the Shipping rates. How do I set different rates based on the weight (or categories if possible)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

danilodimoia

Total Posts:  36
Chieti

Hi, try this http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-set-up-table-rate-shipping/
I’ve tried… powerful smile

HTH
Danilo

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community