Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I be sure if APC is installed? 

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

I lease my own server and the support tells me they insalled apc for me.  Though I’m not from Missouri, I like the show me idea. How can I know for sure?  I do see in php.ini the line extension=apc.so but is that enough?  Would I see it in TOP?  I don’t see anything in the top tsk list called apc but not sure that means anything.  Is there some ‘no dobut about it’ way I can tell.

Yes the site loads fast, but it actually always did, pretty low load on the server anyway right now. It will grow in time.  So just would feel more comfortable if I knew without doubt its installed.  Call me a skeptic, chuckle, but I like to see for myself.  Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

If you haven’t already, create a file called phpinfo.php. In the file use the following code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Load this file onto your server and then call it from a browser. This will show a screen with all of your php info. If APC is enabled you should see a box called APC that has all of that info.

Hope that helps,

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

fantastic. thanks. I hadn’t even thought of that!  Yup. Looks like we got it, does this look right to you?  Its definitely there, just wondeing if those are optimal settings etc, if you know anything about it, I’d appreciate it.  Thanks for the help!

APC Support enabled
Version 3.0.18
MMAP Support Enabled
MMAP File Mask no value
Locking type pthread mutex Locks
Revision $Revision: 3.154.2.2 $
Build Date Apr 15 2008 01:31:57

Directive Local Value Master Value
apc.cache_by_default On On
apc.coredump_unmap Off Off
apc.enable_cli Off Off
apc.enabled On On
apc.file_update_protection 2 2
apc.filters no value no value
apc.gc_ttl 3600 3600
apc.include_once_override Off Off
apc.max_file_size 1M 1M
apc.mmap_file_mask no value no value
apc.num_files_hint 1000 1000
apc.report_autofilter Off Off
apc.rfc1867 Off Off
apc.rfc1867_freq 0 0
apc.rfc1867_name APC_UPLOAD_PROGRESS APC_UPLOAD_PROGRESS
apc.rfc1867_prefix upload_ upload_
apc.shm_segments 1 1
apc.shm_size 30 30
apc.slam_defense 0 0
apc.stat On On
apc.stat_ctime Off Off
apc.ttl 0 0
apc.user_entries_hint 4096 4096
apc.user_ttl 0 0
apc.write_lock On On

Magento Community
Magento Community

jan212
Guru

Total Posts:  407

Hello,

there is also a file called apc.php in the src. Copy it to your webroot, open it in your browser and you can see detailed informations and statistics.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community