Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dynamically add customer uploaded images to shopping cart

kashif08

Total Posts:  5

Hi there,
I have read the features list and looked at your demo store and I am really impressed. I am going to download your product in a few days and will use it for my store that I am about to start. However, one of the features that I really wish to have seems to be missing. At least I could not find any information on it anywhere.  I need to allow my customers to upload image files or create their own on the site so they can add that to the shopping cart. For example, if I want to allow them to custom design their clothing. They can select the base item from the existing product catalog and then they should be able to attach a file to the order some how. That will tell us that this order needs to be customized with this design. Also, the attachment should be per item not per order though.  For instance, if they want a blue shirt with one design and two red shirts with another design, then they should be able to attach one design for the blue shirt and one design for red shirt (quantiy will take care of the 2).  Can the customers somehow upload images along with the order with the latest release? If not, is it simple to customize it with some programming knowledge?

I would really appreciate your quick response.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kashif08

Total Posts:  5

I really need to know about this feature. Atleast I need to find out if I can achieve this with some programming or not. Can I may be add items to the cart dynamically using querystring or some other method? I would really appreicate if someone could respond.

Thanks,
Reza

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community