Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I change the messages on the login page? 

swissters

Total Posts:  31

I’ve been trying to figure out how to edit the messages that are shown during login.  I tried to change Mage_Customer.csv but that didn’t do it, even after resetting the cache.  I’m doing my best at learning everything, but it’s all kind of new to me. 

My customers are trying to still use a generic login from my old website and I would like for them to know that they need to re -register.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

The inline translation tool is pretty cool for this.

In the admin system, go to ADMIN > System > Developer > Translate Inline.
Select “yes” from the drop down for “Enabled for Frontend”.

Then go back to your site and navigate to the login page.  Each piece of text that’s set up to be translated in Magento is outlined in red. If you mouse over the text you want to change, a book icon (I think it’s a book) appears in the lower left corner.  Click on it and you’ll get the “translate” screen.  Great for doing your Italian translations, but also works to change the English to other English.

Alternatively, you can crack open your file editor and edit the text directly in the file located at:
Magento > app > design > frontend > yourtheme > default > template > customer > form > login.phtml (shew!)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community