Magento Forum

Removing compared items, removes the items themselves !! 

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

After selecting a Product for comparison, if I then click to ‘clear all compared Products’ , on the right hand panel, it actually deletes that Product from both the Frontend AND the Backend catalog !! I’ve already submitted this as a bug, number 4639, although it could be just my install is broken badly somewhere. Odd, as the upgrade went really well, and i’ve have’nt noticed any major problems elsewhere.

This as you can imagine is extremely worrying, as just testing this feature has already deleted 5 of my products.

I had noticed some strangeness with items not appearing on the Compare items panel earlier after clicking ‘Add to Compare’, then it started to work ok. The actual comparison works fine too. But doing ‘clear all Compared Products’, or just clearing individual ones, deletes the Products entirely. It will delete all of them if there are more than 1 in the comparison.

If I were to launch my site now, by the end of the week, all of the products will have been deleted !

Please help !

Further notes on installation.

Original install of version 1.0, upgraded to 1.0.1970 successfully, by following the notes for option 1, ie extracting the tar of 1.0.1970, copying the files over the originals, then pointing to the home page of the shop, and letting the DB upgrade do its stuff.

Using PHP5, and a fairly normal Debian server without too many limitations.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Reborn Project

Total Posts:  132

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/patch-for-magento-release-1019700/

Magento Community
Magento Community

joolsr

Total Posts:  99

Thank you for that. I’ve just got up, and found I’ve found the most major bug in Magento so far. Its a strange feeling. But at least I know that my install was ok after all. I was certain that it was my upgrade had got screwed up ...
Perhaps I ought to ask Magento if they would give me a few hours complimentary support wink

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community