Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

help showing attributes in invoice

fastrack

Total Posts:  56

I have successfully added certain product attributes to the downloadable items in the cart list by using the following code in :
/downloadable/checkout/cart/item/default.phtml :

<?php echo $this->__('Composer: '); 
echo 
Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($this->getProduct()->getId())->getAttributeText('composer'); echo $this->__(' '); echo Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($this->getProduct()->getId())->getcomposer_percentage();?>

<br/>
<?php echo $this->__('Publisher: '); 
echo 
Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($this->getProduct()->getId())->getpublisher(); echo $this->__(' '); echo Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($this->getProduct()->getId())->getpublisher_percentage();?>

this shows in the cart a small bit of text under the product name that looks like this:
Composer: composer’s name 100% BMI
Publisher: publisher’s name 100% BMI

the composer attribute has a dropdown input in the backend, and the other three are text field inputs.

what I can’t figure out is how to display the same text in the customer’s invoice view. I tried placing the same code in:
/downloadable/sales/order/invoice/items/renderer/downloadable.phtml
but i the page doesn’ t finish loading and in firebug i’ve found this error:
<b>Fatal error</b>
: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in
<b>/downloadable/sales/order/invoice/items/renderer/downloadable.phtml</b>

why does this work in the cart but not in the invoice?

another thing I have to do is to show this text on the customer’s invoice EMAIL.

can anyone help me out?
thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonassi

Total Posts:  217
Manchester, UK

This might help:

http://www.sonassi.com/knowledge-base/magento-knowledge-base/display-attributes-on-invoice-or-packing-slip-in-magento/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community