Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalogsearch and Breadcrumbs

AYG Romania

Total Posts:  17
Conatsnta

Hi all,
I searched through the forum for a topic to solve my problem, but no success.
My problem is:
When I search one ore more products on the frontend and click one of them (to go to product view page), the breadcrumb of the product is home/productName when it should be home/category/subcategory/productName

Is it possible to solve this?
I know that a product can be in more than one category, and Magento could get confused, but, I don’t know maybe there is a solution.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JDS80

Total Posts:  56

I know, this is really strange in Magento, that you cant see the category/subcategory that the product is related too if clicking an search-result, or enter the absolute url of the product directly in the browser..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonassi

Total Posts:  217
Manchester, UK

It is intentional.

A product could be in two categories - so if you find the item via search - it won’t display twice for each category it is in, rather just once. So when its displayed, the breadcrumbs can’t display the category it is in because there is a potential for it to be in multiple.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JDS80

I know it is intentional.
I just think It would be a good feature to always be able to see what cateogry the product viewed is found, making it way easier to find more similar products for the customer
Maybe there should be one category that is the “head” category for products, even if its referred in severel, and that just that one is listed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JDS80

This have been discussed:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3008/P30/
http://www.mikesmullin.com/development/use-categories-product-urls-magento-seo-without-duplicate-content/

Magento Community
Magento Community

JDS80

I have an solution to this issue, if anyones interested just PM me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Abhinav Dude

Total Posts:  20
Noida, India

Hi,
I also have the similar issue with catalogsearched products. My requirement is the same as above. Please Suggest.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community