Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Ideal Australian Shop

Wingz

Total Posts:  23
Perth WA

Hi,

Just installed Chris’ Australian package, and the order status extension.

I’m looking at moving from Zencart, to Magento in this quarter, and I’d appreciate your input on what extensions would be valuable for an online shop in Australia?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Norton

Total Posts:  53

There aren’t really any other extensions that are essential for Australian stores, aside from an appropriate payment gateway extension, but I have found the following to be generally useful:

Yoast MetaRobots
Yoast Canonical URL
Fontis reCAPTCHA
Fontis WYSIWYG
Enhanced Admin Products Grid
Unirgy Gift Certificates

There are also plenty of great commercial extensions that you might want to consider.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wingz

Perth WA

Thanks for those tips Chris; I have no aversion to buying quality extensions if anyone has suggestions?

Appreciate the input.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

I would second all of Chris’s suggestions, plus consider:

One of the commercial pdf custom invoice extensions that makes creating GST Tax Invoices much easier.
As far as freight-related extensions goes, if you need more than Chris’s Australia Post functionality, look at Webshopapps Matrixmates or other freight extensions.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wingz

Perth WA

Thanks for the feedback; big question now I guess do we deploy with v1.3.2.4 .. or v1.4+ now that it’s stable? We were hoping to roll it out over Easter.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Personally, I would let 1.4 mature for a while before jumping. There’s already quite few issues popping up on the forums…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vee_

Total Posts:  46
Western Australia

I agree 100% with you, Neil - it’s always best to wait until a bug release for any major release like this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community