Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different Customer Groups

nonu

Total Posts:  60

We have a client that needs to manage 3 or 4 customer groups.  When customers sign up on the site, they will be assigned to one of the following groups:

1. General Customer
2. Reseller / Wholesale
3. Designer
4. possibly one more group to be determined

The goal is for all customers to see the same catalog of merchandise, but depending on what customer group they are assigned to (and logged in as), they will see different prices once logged in.

For example - If (PRODUCT A) is$50 for General Customers, it may appear as $25 to Resellers / Wholesale or as $35 to Designers… So each customer group will see their respective prices after logging in. If not logged in, the initial customer group (General Customer) would be displayed by default.

I also need to select this customer group while creating customer

What happened to everybody on this community why not anybody replying

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

You can apply discounts to the customer groups - so as long as it the same percentage (ie 50%) you should be fine.  Look in the admin panel under Customers to adjust the settings. You’ll have to assign the customers to the correct group after they create an account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ron Phillips

Total Posts:  57

sherrie - 01 May 2008 03:55 PM

You can apply discounts to the customer groups - so as long as it the same percentage (ie 50%) you should be fine.  Look in the admin panel under Customers to adjust the settings. You’ll have to assign the customers to the correct group after they create an account.

Where can you set that percentage? Under create usergroups it only has group name. The only place I’ve found to set the price break is on a per item basis. If there is a global setting, that’ll make me feel just peachy.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Go to Admin > Promotions > Catalog Price Rules

Create a new rule and select only one customer group in the first tab.
In Actions choose your desired discount.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

I also can’t assign customers to a specific group from admin .I need to do that while registration in frontend.

in fact i need to create a different registration form for customer.How to do that.Plesae Moshe solve my problem plesae

Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

Please Reply Anybody on magento.I need this information urgently plaeseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@nonu: I’m sorry, this is an involved customization that requires strategy analysis and planning.

It is out of the scope of this forum.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nonu

Ok Moshe can you explain one thing that after attending training will i be able to customize it properly

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community