Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New store: How do you import products and categories together, using category names. 

digitalcomputernetwork

Total Posts:  11

Ive never seen a post that covered a way to import categories and product without hacking Magento in some way.  I would think this would be the most important step to cover.  .  If I have a product list like “category” “product name” “description” “image link” etc..
How do I import it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ArthurCatigbe

Total Posts:  34

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to/how_to_import_category_structure_with_products_using_dataflow

Magento Community
Magento Community

ArthurCatigbe

Total Posts:  34

The only problem with this method is that you can’t set any meta data for the categories. Has anyone found a solution to this? Or is there a way to massively edit the categories once you import them?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community