Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

USPS Shipping Label integrated Successfully

lindseymurray82

Total Posts:  2

Hi Everyone,

I just successfully integrated USPS’s shipping label module into the admin for my client grin . Only minor modifications to one file within the admin and uploading of another file I wrote. I had been searching the boards for a while on this before giving up and writing it myself, but am not sure if this is considered easy (hence, the lack of documentation on the boards). If anyone is interested in my code, let me know and I can post it here to share!

ETA: Functionality goes as follows: In the order view page, there is a “Print Shipping Label” link, and once it’s clicked on, it generates the printable label (whatever format you want) in a new window.

Phew!

Lindsey

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rayjd

Total Posts:  4
North West NJ

Hey Lindsey,
Would really like to see the code you developed.  This has been a P.I.T.A for me so far.
Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

iowa600

Total Posts:  7

I’d love to see it as well!

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

I too would love to see what you did!  Has anyone heard back or have any code examples?  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandrable

Total Posts:  55

Lindsey, it’s great you figured this out on your own. For some time there wasn’t a dedicated solution for this. Please provide with your way out for this, if you will. Thanks!

Other than that, I know you can integrate USPS Shipping Label with this: http://www.mag-manager.com/magento-shipping-integration. You’d need to have Store Manager for Magento installed, but it’s still pretty advanced.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SilverSoft

Total Posts:  19

For any one seeking easy shipping integration with magento should go to
http://www.quickonlineship.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

STM2010

Total Posts:  12

I’m looking for an option to print USPS shipping labels through Magento.  Does anyone want to write the extension for me?  I’m just needing to ship flat rate boxes and also have an international option too.

Let me know!!??

Magento Community
Magento Community

SilverSoft

Total Posts:  19

Yes i can integrate usps webtools directly into magento for u.
Plz mention ur magento version and edition
It will cost u 250 usd
U can also consider my product http://www.quickonlineship.com if u ship with fedex too.
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

bc28001

Total Posts:  16

lindseymurray82 - 20 January 2010 07:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just successfully integrated USPS’s shipping label module into the admin for my client grin . Only minor modifications to one file within the admin and uploading of another file I wrote. I had been searching the boards for a while on this before giving up and writing it myself, but am not sure if this is considered easy (hence, the lack of documentation on the boards). If anyone is interested in my code, let me know and I can post it here to share!

ETA: Functionality goes as follows: In the order view page, there is a “Print Shipping Label” link, and once it’s clicked on, it generates the printable label (whatever format you want) in a new window.

Phew!

Lindsey

lindseymurray82 that sounds like a great idea i have been looking for something like this for a while.
please updated the forum with the instruction of how to implement this new feature

Magento Community
Magento Community

veracious

Total Posts:  114

Lindsay, please post detailed instructions!  Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community