Magento Forum

Fatal error: Out of memory

Circle Asian Art

Total Posts:  6

After adding a few products (<40) an error appears on different pages of the site.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 119799808) (tried to allocate 4032 bytes) in /home/users/circrftp/circleasianart.com/store/lib/Varien/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php on line 44

http://www.circleasianart.com/store/other/indonesia.html

I’ve googled on the error I found multiple shops with the same problem, but I haven’t found a solution yet. Allocating more memory is not a solution because displaying a page with 9 small product images to one visitor should not take 128MB. I think it is a memory leak. Does anybody have a solution?

Thank you in advance,
Circle Asian Art

Edit: I am using Magento version 1.3.2.4

Image Attachments
memory-error.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Circle Asian Art

At the moment I am restoring an old backup and then I will import the added products hoping the problem is solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Circle Asian Art

Reaction from Magento team:

Hello Circle Asian Art,

Please increase memory limits for php. For now you something around 100Mb. In default .htaccess file we have line with 256Mb with this value you will not get such fatals on regular pages. If you have troubles with changing this value please contact your hosting provider.

Thank you.

I’ve changed the file but memory is not increased yet. Perhaps hosting limits the memory or the new file is not loaded yet, anyway I’ve contacted them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Circle Asian Art

Hosting don’t support more PHP memory. I’ve reduced image file sizes to solve the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yamushk

Total Posts:  5

I get the same error

Fatal errorAllowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1060 bytesin /home/ysternne/public_html/shop/lib/Varien/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php on line 254

but only when logged into an account. When not logged into the account - everything is fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community