Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A-Z Product Search

BIOSTALL

Total Posts:  5

Hi guys,

I’m looking for a plug-in or a snippet of code that will allow me to output A-Z to a list of products on the frontend and allow users to filter the results by selecting a letter/number and only getting products that start with their selection. For example, If i click the letter ‘C’ I would get ‘Comfy Chair’, ‘Computer’ etc and anything else that begins with the letter ‘C’.

Hopefully that makes sense. I have Google’d quite extensively but haven’t been able to find anything that remotely matches my needs.

Cheers smile

BIO

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BIOSTALL

Total Posts:  5

Ok, a quick update.

I’ve now output 0-9 then A-Z and am linking them to http://mydomain.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=X (Where X is the clicked number/letter).

The only problem I have is I want to amend the search logic to say ‘WHERE `attribute` LIKE ‘X%’ OR `attribute` LIKE ‘ X%’ . So it only returns results where a word in the results begins with the selection.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

keyzo

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

Did you manage to find a solution for this, I’m trying to find a similar thing..

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community