Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting a Redirect error when checking out

markl

Total Posts:  39

Hi,

My host Nublue have recently installed an SSL certificate on my site. I’ve selected the ‘Use secure URLS on the frontend’ option in config and have entered the address as https://domain/ under the ‘secure base url’.

My problem is that when a customer clicks on the button to checkout, in some browsers it freezes and in firefox and chrome it complains about there being too many redirects.

I’ve tried disabling cache and deleting the cache contents, but to no avail. If I turn the SSL off, customers can checkout fine albeit not over https.

Nublue have spent a bit of time with it, including setting the Session variables to ‘No’ in the config - Web section, but this had no effect.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mark

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dangu

Total Posts:  5

Also having this issue - any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

markl

Total Posts:  39

Hi Dangu,

No, I’m still stuck on this one. Did you find out any more? I think I spotted your reply on another forum post on the same topic, where Jon (I think it was) had to make some change to the SSL settings in Apache. Did you try this? I’ve forwarded the post on to my host to see what they make of it. Let me know if you’ve had any success.

Thanks,

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

dangu

Hi Mark,

no - still have the issue - found this interesting post about an SSL issue however not sure is it related.

http://www.eliasinteractive.com/blog/magento-issue-checkout-redirect-with-ssl-installation-and-sub-domain

Tried every combination of configuration on the backend to no avail.

Still havent figured out where its going wrong. I have installed multiple previous versions of the Magento system and each have the same problem so its either a bug or (more likely) a problem with my host. All my server settings meet the requirements. My host strongly denies a problem with their setup which i cant argue with as i have no data to the contrary.

I setup the HTTPS to mirror the contents of the HTTP directory - didnt work. I then duplicated all the files into the HTTPS directory, and created a symlink for the sessions folder - still didnt work!

Unsure is it a .htaccess /redirect problem - have ran into a wall with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dangu

Magento Community
Magento Community

dangu

Bump - Any ideas would be appreciated!

Dangu

Magento Community