Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

image upload frontend

Harold van Grimbergen

Total Posts:  17

Hello,

I’m searching around to find a solution for a good way to upload an image in the frontend of Magento by a customer. This to make it possible to create custom designed products.

I’m able to add an image to a product using the magento upload but I have to click the “Add to Cart” button to actually upload.

I want the image to be uploaded into the product at once so I can see the result before ordering. In this way the user can change or delete the image, even edit it using a flash application.

I have search the internet (for days now) and I could find a way to do this, what I mean I couldn’t find example or description how to implement this in Magento.

I found dozens of sites using this (using the magento way or using the swfuploader (which i think is a good way)). I have also search for extentions but I cannot find a free or paid one.

Please can someone point me to the good directions or can send me some examples on how to implement. I want to pay for an extentions. I think a lot of people want kind of solutions for this problem.

With regards.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community