Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multi-select attribute questions

zerdox

Total Posts:  3

I have a multi-select attribute that has around 600 options. I noticed that when i went to edit a product and selected all of the options then saved and went back, only about 200 of them were selected. So is there a maximum number of options that can be used or did I just find a bug?

Also, with this same attribute, I am trying to dynamically populate a drop down select on my home page that will list all of the attributes options and each one would link to search results and bring up all the products for that option.

These are two things that are holding me up from going live. Please help I cant find a straight forward answer anywhere!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbiemckee

Total Posts:  5

I’m having the same problem. I can only get about 51 attributes to be selected. Some of my items have up to 500. Does anyone have a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Marks
Guru

Total Posts:  452
Charleston, SC

Sounds like a timeout issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbiemckee

Tried increasing the memory and no luck. Thanks for the suggestion.

I’ve had a bug reported for about two weeks and still don’t have an answer. Any help would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbiemckee

I figured it out. The data base field catalog_product_entity_varchar was set to only 255 characters. I changed the value to 2550 and all my attribute values are now selectable. Ya!

Magento Community
Magento Community

g17owner

Total Posts:  13
New Jersey

Solved my issue. Thanks for the fix!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community