Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Individualize your Product // price based on amount…

2liquid

Total Posts:  30

Heho everybody

the goal:
I´d like to sell t-shirts with an option where you can print some custom text on it

idea of the process
1. the client visits the page and chooses a shirt he likes
2. he writes down some text that should be printed on the shirt
3. he chooses the color of the text that should be printed on the shirt
(3.1 just an idea: he can upload an image that he wants to be printed on the shirt)
4. the price should be able to change based on the amount of t-shirts and color he chose
5. the price should be a tierprice
(example: the client wants 100 shirts with “heho” printed in white: 100$ // for 200 Shirts its 80$ and so on. but based on the two options: the amount of shirts and the chosen colors! )

Problem: how do i solve this “little” problem, whats the best way to realize this.

i played around with the bundle-products option but im not sure if that could help me.
same with configurable products.

im kinda desperate here hmmm
anyone any idea how to solve this thingy?

Kind regards

Jan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

You should be able to achieve this with configurable products (for colors), tier pricing (or catalog discount rules) for price vs qty and for the text to write on the t-shirt add a text ‘custom option’.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community