Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change the Success URL on create customer account? 

steffeiter

Total Posts:  9

All -

I am trying to change the success url for when a new user registers with the magento system. Instead of going to the
homepage after creating an account. we want our users to return to the checkout page.

in template/customer/form/register.phtml - I found the following lines:

<form action="<?php echo $this->getPostActionUrl() ?>" method="post" id="form-validate">
    <
fieldset class="group-select wide">
    <
input type="hidden" name="success_url" value="<?php echo $this->getSuccessUrl() ?>"/>
    <
input type="hidden" name="error_url" value="<?php echo $this->getErrorUrl() ?>"/>

Can I just edit the value of Succes URL here? this seems a bad way to do this. is there a way to set the variable in the
backend of the system. I am not sure how this PostActionUrl is working.

any help is appreciated....

-steff

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael Lambertz

Total Posts:  12

don’t know why $this->getSuccessUrl() doesn’t return any url but i repaced it with $this->getUrl(’*/*’ ) and it works!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community