Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reduce prices globally by 10%

Simon Tucker

Total Posts:  18

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was any easy way of reducing all prices in one of my stores by 10%?

I am aware of doing it as a promotion, but is there a way of applying that to the whole catalogue?

Thanks

Simon
http://shop.matrixproductions.co.uk

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I believe you can use catalog price rules for this purpose. It will apply to entire catalog.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simon Tucker

Total Posts:  18

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

My only concern with this method of doing it, is that the reduced prices won’t then be the prices displayed in the Google Shopping section ... (uploaded via Google Base) ... or am I incorrect?

Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

duplication

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

I don’t know as I have never done so.  Quote xkcd/627: I don’t magically know how to do everything in every thing magento. When I answer to a post, I usually just do the steps as seen in 627.

Having said that, I see no reason it wouldn’t show up in your google base feed, after all, price is part of the product info and a very important piece of info as far as feed is concerned.

Maybe you need to add ‘special price’ attribute to your google base feed.  You can find out easily if you do a test.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community