Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Copy (clone) a product? 

edle

Total Posts:  3

I know this is probably not possible, but I have to ask. Basically, what I want to create the same product (which comes in different colours) 4-5 times so that each colour shows up in the product overview. Instead of entering the same info 4-5 times for each identical product (except for the colour), it would be wonderful if I could create one product with all the info once, then have it copied/cloned, and only change the photo in the copied version.

I’ve probably expressed this in a clumsy way, but I hope it is clear. Any advice welcome.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dev008

Total Posts:  24

by using duplicate button you can perform the task

Magento Community
Magento Community

edle

Thank you!

And sorry for thanking late. I will try this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edle

I have been trying to find the duplicate button/function without luck.

What I want to do is to duplicate a configurable product with the associated simple products (in practical terms, since I have a shop of handbags and all handbags have more than one colour, I want to duplicate a bag I have created in the shop with its attributes, namely the simple products I have created for that configurable product (colours).

I have been able to find threads on duplication of simple products, but I am interested in duplication of configurable products.

If I try to create a new configurable product, I do not get any configurable button as far as I can see.

Any further advice appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagneticOneTeam

Total Posts:  253
USA

Hi!
Store Manager for Magento application is a perfect tool to save your task (and many more!)
You can easily copy, paste and clone products here and even make bulk updates of products.
Watch a short video to see these features http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poIPvmxxo5g.
You can try Store Manager for free at http://www.mag-manager.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sara Smile

Total Posts:  9
Washington State

Store Manager for Magneto sounds like a really useful product. That’s good to know that you can clone products so easily with it. I’ll check it out - thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community