Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento second install on localhost

Sabin_33

Total Posts:  27

Hello All,

I am having a difficult time installing magento on a localhost.

I currently have one website for magento running on localhost.  But now I have client who wants to setup another one.  Everytime I run http://127.0.0.1:81/mydomain/install.php I get to the page to setup the database connection and hit the continue button.  The next page that loads is this :

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I am using an Apache server and I already have one magento store running on 127.0.0.1:81.

What should I be looking for to resolve this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bitflip

Total Posts:  149
UK

If you’re not already doing so I’d recommend you use Apache VirtualServers so you can run as many instances of Magento as you like without them clashing. 

With regards to the error itself check the Apache access and error log for clues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sabin_33

Thank you for the reply.

The Magento I have testing on ZEND works, but after setting up virtual hosting to setup a new site I continually got a 500 error code, and yes I checked the file permissions.  Apache-ZEND was not writing to the error logs so I couldn’t determine the reason for the 500 error code.

I tried finding a solution by posting this : http://forums.zend.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t;=5250 , but It seems nobody has every had this problem ever.

So I installed WAMP and setup everything on a different port

Now, I can login to the admin page but I cannot login to the index.php

I always get the error : The connection to the server was reset.

Thank you in advance for any solutions posted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bitflip

UK

The message “The connection to the server was reset” means that you lost connection.  As you’re running this on your local host it’s not a physical network problem because you’re using the loop back TCP connection.  More likely your webserver died or encountered a critical problem.  The problem could be with Apache or one of the apache modules.

What version of Windows are you running?
What version of WAMP are you running?

The first place to look is in the apache access and error logs to see what happened.  If you’re running WAMP as a windows service, check the Event Log via the Control Panel for application errors. 

I rarely use Windows but in my Virtual Box XP Environment I’ve been using XAMPP with no problems. 

HTH

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sabin_33

I am running Windows XP SP3
And WAMP version 2

This is my error log.  It doesn’t look like there is any useful information in here :

[Tue Feb 09 09:45:41 2010] [notice] Parentchild process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.
[Tue Feb 09 09:45:41 2010] [notice] Apache/2.2.11 (Win32PHP/5.2.9 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Feb 09 09
:45:41 2010] [notice] Server builtDec 10 2008 00:10:06
[Tue Feb 09 09
:45:41 2010] [notice] ParentCreated child process 1396
[Tue Feb 09 09
:45:42 2010] [notice] Child 1396Child process is running
[Tue Feb 09 09
:45:42 2010] [notice] Child 1396Acquired the start mutex.
[Tue Feb 09 09:45:42 2010] [notice] Child 1396Starting 64 worker threads.
[Tue Feb 09 09:45:42 2010] [notice] Child 1396Starting thread to listen on port 85.

the access log ends with

newsite/HTTP/1.1" 301 238

PS. I started with XAMPP, but unfortunately I had the newest version of PHP which wouldn’t work with Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bitflip

UK

Sabin_33 - 09 February 2010 09:02 AM

This is my error log.  It doesn’t look like there is any useful information in here :

[Tue Feb 09 09:45:41 2010] [notice] Parentchild process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.
[Tue Feb 09 09:45:41 2010] [notice] Apache/2.2.11 (Win32PHP/5.2.9 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Feb 09 09
:45:41 2010] [notice] Server builtDec 10 2008 00:10:06
[Tue Feb 09 09
:45:41 2010] [notice] ParentCreated child process 1396
[Tue Feb 09 09
:45:42 2010] [notice] Child 1396Child process is running
[Tue Feb 09 09
:45:42 2010] [notice] Child 1396Acquired the start mutex.
[Tue Feb 09 09:45:42 2010] [notice] Child 1396Starting 64 worker threads.
[Tue Feb 09 09:45:42 2010] [notice] Child 1396Starting thread to listen on port 85.

Actually the logs tell you a lot.  You can see from the “child process existed with status 3221225477” that a problem occurred.  3221225477 (decimal) == 0xC0000005 (hex) which is a “general protection fault” or Segmentation Fault.  Essentially the application (Apache) attempted to access a memory region that was either not mapped or was part of the protected kernel address space.  A normal/clean exit status is 0 (zero).  Anything other than zero is usually, but not always, bad.

If you Google that string and error code you’ll see most refer to it being a PHP bug, fixed in a later release, but I wouldn’t discount a libmysql bug from the equation either.  On a UNIX based system you’d get an application core dump.  That core dump will show you the stack leading up to the problem and argument(s) passed in to the function which generated the error.  Not sure if/how to do that on Windows.

Although the bug will be within the PHP or MySQL libraries the bug is triggered by bad code/arguments being passed in to them.  Given that Magento stores almost all of the data in the database, the most likely cause is either a corrupt database or there’s something within the database that cannot be interpreted correctly.  Possibly some non-default locale characters.  This is most likely if you’re not using default locales, or your locale is different to MySQL for example. 

Is your database new or did you restore or import the data from elsewhere?

Here’s a few things to try:

Make sure that the Apache is using the correct libraries (ie: those distributed with the WAMP distro and not something sitting in your C:\Windows\System32 directory, or similar). 

If your WAMP package isn’t running the latest code then I’d recommend updating it.  If you can prevent Apache from crashing then you might be able to find out what’s causing the problem. 

If the problem is MySQL related, check the MySQL logs. Typically these will show the SQL being executed at the time of the problem.  Those logs will give you an idea as to which table(s) you need to take a closer look at.  You can run the SQL manually from the command line (or through phpMyAdmin) and see if you can get the SQL down to a simple SELECT statement that triggers the problem.  If you can do that it’ll show you where in the database your problem is.

To eliminate your OS from the problem grab a copy of VirtualBox, install WinXP (use the key from your computer), install WAMP or XAMPP and install Magento from scratch.  If that works, you can then backup the working database, backup your production database, and restore it to your Magento installation running in VirtualBox.  If that works you know it’s your OS.  If that causes the same problem you know it’s your database. 

Sabin_33 - 09 February 2010 09:02 AM

PS. I started with XAMPP, but unfortunately I had the newest version of PHP which wouldn’t work with Magento.

Not sure what your problem is/was with XAMPP but I’ve got the latest 1.7.3 version running in a Virtual Box WinXP Environment and Magento 1.3.x runs just fine. 

HTH

Magento Community
Magento Community

ggerman

Total Posts:  5

index.php:
Line 57

if (file_exists($maintenanceFile)) {
include_once dirname(__FILE__) . ‘/errors/503.php’;
exit;
}