Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Progress Bar for File uploads

asscore

Total Posts:  4

Hello, I am putting together a shop for an online printing business.  They will regularly have files as large as 100mb uploaded to the site.

A upload progress bar would be EXTREMELY helpful.  Nobody will wait a half hour for a file to upload if they arent shown their upload progress.

Searching around google, it looks like many people are interested in this functionality. 
Would it be possible to integrate somthing like this?
http://t.wits.sg/jquery-progress-bar/

Has anybody with a magento shop successfully integrated a progress bar into the upload process?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

neilrs

Total Posts:  12
Salford, Manchester

I would find this feature very useful, I have searched for an easy answer but have had no luck what so ever!

I am selling custom canvas prints which require the customer to upload their image. It works fine but the customer has no indication of how long the upload will take (when adding to cart) and in some cases navigate away from my site.

Thanks
Neil

wallstamp.co.uk

Magento Community
Magento Community

micosolutions

Total Posts:  20
Southern California, USA

We have create an ajax uploader for Magento . The features are:

Flash upload progress bar
Ajax upload progress spinner
Auto-image preview for uploaded files, with ability to add your own lightbox REL tags
Image preview on product page
Image preview in cart, order, and order email
Customizable preview using shortcodes and HTML in admin area
Enable/disable in admin area
Customize progress bar with CSS (flash options)
Custom button with image or CSS (css button ajax only)
and more…

-mico

Magento Community
Magento Community

micosolutions

Total Posts:  20
Southern California, USA

It also works with Magento 1.4 and 1.5. No core files are modified so upgrading Magento is no problem at all.

-mico

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community