Magento Forum

A UI observation! 

Maz

Total Posts:  2
Bournemouth, Dorset, UK

I’ve noticed on several of the screenshots that the arrow on the field being sorted is non-standard for ascending and descending.
Ascending is represented as an up arrow as a generalised standard and a down arrow for descending.

I’m not sure if it’s been noticed before and is only a minor usability thing which is why I didn’t report as a bug!

Maz

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

I am not sure I follow what the problem is exactly. So the way it should work is, an Up arrow is for ascending order and the Down arrow is for descending order. Is there any where this is not the case? if so could you please supply URLs/ Screenshots of this.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Maz

Total Posts:  2
Bournemouth, Dorset, UK

I think there is some confusion, it’s not the arrows themselves that are the problem.  It’s the data that is not ordered to correspond with the arrows.

Look here for example.

You will see the arrow is pointing up on the field to indicate a sort in ascending order but the data underneath is starting at 42 and incremently decreasing as it goes down the page.  This is actually descending order, it should start at 1 and ascend 2,3,4 etc. to be correct.

I hope that sheds some light.

Regards
Maz

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Thanks for the reply we will look into it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community