Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wouldn’t the eBay / Magento extension just steal my traffic? 

gmcleod

Total Posts:  11

(I’m not sure if this post is in the correct category, so apologies if it’s not correctly placed)

Hi there,

I, the same as many I’m sure have been approached by an eBay representative in regards to installing an eBay extension.
The extension sync’s the Magneto shops product category, products and stock list ect.. with the eBay account.

Here is the extension:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/ebay-magento-integration-order-import-and-stock-level-synchronization-also-supports-amazon-rakuten-and-play-com.html

So as I understand:
1. The customer finds my Magento store
2. The customer decided to buy a product
3. The customer is then taken away from my store and redirected to eBay’s paypal.

So does this mean that the extension is redundant in terms of being beneficial to my own shop?
All traffic visiting my site is lead elsewhere and I would be charged the eBay user fees upon selling the product - regardless of it initially occurring through my store?

It just sounds crazy to me, can someone please explain where I’ve got wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

M2EPro syncs your Magento store to your eBay store and is a well used extension, transactions are performed in each store independently. It allows you to run your store in multiple channels, however eBay contacting you directly, sounds a bit far fetched, so you may want to check it is a real request.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community